Pages

Swedish animator working in Stockholm.

Saturday 30 March 2013

On being creative

Very true words in the youtube video below, that I would like for every single person on this planet to take into their hearts. There's no magic way to become "good", and even the people who are "good" are probably still working on fulfilling their ambitions.

I've only been animating since 2010, and if you count the actual time animating it's probably less than two years... but before that, I drew close to two hundred pages of comics and filled 20+ sketchbooks with drawings of all kinds.

So you could say that in a way I've been studying animation since I was 11, going in-depth on appealing poses, staging, sillhouettes, line of action, and lots of other important principles of animation. And I was crap during the first 4-5 years!

Here's Ira Glass to explain it better than I can:


0 comments :

Post a Comment